Nature Conservation Programme Baden-Württemberg
- 011/2018 - 12/2019
- Ministerium für Ländlichen Raum und Verbraucherschutz (MLR) Baden-Württemberg
As part of the Baden-Württemberg special program for strengthening biodiversity, species diversity in the forest has to be sustainably protected over the entire area. Conservation concepts and maintenance measures of special habitats are currently being implemented in the state forest in Baden-Württemberg, but not in municipal and private forests. The MLR commissioned UNIQUE to design nature conservation concepts and specific plans for implementation in the municipal and private forest. Aside from the determination of protection-worthy areas and species as well as corresponding protective activities, UNIQUE led the data analysis and assured an active participatory process between all actors involved.
- Assessment of feasibility of different protection measures.
- Prioritization of protection measures.
- Modelling of monetary compensation measures.
- Integration of nature conservation planning into forest management plans.
- Determination of piloting plots.