Management Support for Livelihoods Funds
- since 02/2010
- Livelihoods Venture
The Livelihoods Fund for Family Farming and the Livelihoods Carbon Fund are innovative industry impact investment models to empower rural communities with efficient agricultural models to build resilient communities, ecosystems and sustainable farm enterprises and value chains. With an investment of $160 million in large scale community driven projects, the funds have significant social and environmental value for all stakeholders. Initiated by Danone in the meantime 12 major companies have invested: Danone, Schneider Electric, Crédit Agricole S.A., Michelin, Hermès, SAP, Groupe Caisse des Dépôts, La Poste, Firmenich, Voyageurs du Monde, Mars Inc. and Veolia.
UNIQUE is a technical service provider for both funds from the start. We support a number of investments during the concept phase, provide technical implementation support and enable project partners to establish and operate farm level impact monitoring systems based on farmer self-reporting, robust scientific models and global databases.
- Support project feasibility assessment, design and due diligence
- Advise on efficient mangrove, agroforestry (fruits, cocoa, vanilla) and agriculture (dairy) management
- Develop innovative carbon – water and production efficiency monitoring approaches
- Enable projects to implement robust impact monitoring
- Project carbon offset validation and verification support to comply with voluntary carbon standards
- Performance monitoring and operating Management Information System