Paris Agreement Alignment for Projects in the Agriculture Sector
The World Bank Group (WBG) Climate Change Action Plan for 2021-2025 announced that the World Bank will align all new operations with the goals of the Paris Agreement (PA) by July 1, 2023. This alignment means that the WBG’s financial flows to clients will be “consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development”. There will also be PA Sector Notes providing sector specific guidance. The World Bank contracted Unique to prepare the Agriculture Sector Note. This note will provide guidance for World Bank project managers on how to ensure alignment with the PA during project design.
- Coordination and exchange with the WBG Climate Change and the Agriculture and Food Global Practice
- Literature review incl. on sectoral pathways aligned with the PA for the agriculture and food sector
- Preparation of the draft Agriculture Sector Note
- Consultations with World Bank staff and pilots for specific projects
- Revision and finalization of the Agriculture Sector Note