Management Support for Livelihoods Funds
- since 02/2010
- Livelihoods Venture
The Livelihoods Fund for Family Farming (L3F) and the Livelihoods Carbon Funds (LCF 1 and LCF 2) are innovative industry impact investment models to empower rural communities with efficient mangrove restoration and agricultural models to build resilient communities, ecosystems and sustainable farm enterprises and value chains. With an investment of €320 million in large scale community driven projects, the funds have significant social and environmental value for all stakeholders. Initiated by Danone in the meantime 12 major companies have invested: Danone, Schneider Electric, Crédit Agricole S.A., Michelin, Hermès, SAP, Groupe Caisse des Dépôts, La Poste, Firmenich, Voyageurs du Monde, Mars Inc. and Veolia.
UNIQUE is a technical service provider for the funds from the start. We support a number of investments during the concept phase, provide technical implementation support and enable project partners to establish and operate farm level impact monitoring systems based on farmer self-reporting, robust scientific models and global databases.
- Support project feasibility assessment, design and due diligence
- Advise on mangrove, agroforestry (fruits, cocoa, vanilla) and agriculture (dairy) management
- Develop innovative carbon – water and production efficiency monitoring approaches
- Enable projects to implement robust impact monitoring
- Project carbon offset validation and verification support to comply with voluntary carbon standards
- Performance monitoring and operating Management Information System
Nature Conservation Programme Baden-Württemberg
- 011/2018 - 12/2019
- Ministerium für Ländlichen Raum und Verbraucherschutz (MLR) Baden-Württemberg
As part of the Baden-Württemberg special program for strengthening biodiversity, species diversity in the forest has to be sustainably protected over the entire area. Conservation concepts and maintenance measures of special habitats are currently being implemented in the state forest in Baden-Württemberg, but not in municipal and private forests. The MLR commissioned UNIQUE to design nature conservation concepts and specific plans for implementation in the municipal and private forest. Aside from the determination of protection-worthy areas and species as well as corresponding protective activities, UNIQUE led the data analysis and assured an active participatory process between all actors involved.
- Assessment of feasibility of different protection measures.
- Prioritization of protection measures.
- Modelling of monetary compensation measures.
- Integration of nature conservation planning into forest management plans.
- Determination of piloting plots.