Climate change and the increasing demand for wood poses new challenges for the forestry and timber industry worldwide. Complexity of social and economic requirements is increasing and requires innovative solutions for a sustainable and competitive forestry and timber industry.
- We support private and public actors in forest management, operations and conservation.
- We identify, validate and implement investments in sustainable forestry for investors.
- We develop concepts for the wood industry to ensure sustainable procurement and identify market potentials.
- We offer analytical services and decision-making support to policy makers and private sector for the further development of the forestry and timber sector.
The division offers decision support to actors in the forest sector along the following thematic areas.
- Forest inventories, forest planning, forest evaluation,
- Forest ecology, ecological mapping
- Geoinformatics and IT Services for forest enterprises
- Development of forest owners associations, market integration of small growers
- Market studies, international trade
- Cluster development and regional studies
- Location assessment, and raw material logistics
Investment advisory services
- Technical, financial and E&S due diligence of forest investments
- Forest certification including environmental and social governance
- Fund level advisory, i.e. pipeline development, investment advisory and technical assistance
- Franz-Josef Lückge
- Metodi Sotirov