Unique land use GmbH is a leading consulting firm for sustainable natural resource management, with a focus on forestry, agriculture and climate change. Our company is located in Freiburg, in the Southwest of Germany, and has several international offices, e.g., in Paraguay, East Africa, Kyrgyzstan, and Vietnam.
In addition to our consultancy work, our sister companies are a growing property manager responsible of currently 20,000 ha of commercial FSC certified forest plantations, including silvopastoral systems in Paraguay.
Unique is seeking to recruit a senior consultant with special expertise in modern forest monitoring for our forestry department. We are developing and implementing services for forest monitoring based on inventories and remote sensing. We are using mobile data collection systems and develop data analysis tools for our clients. Biodiversity, nature protection and carbon impact monitoring are increasingly required from our private and public clients.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Forest enterprise, regional and large-scale forest inventories
- Developing and applying remote sensing-based inventory (LIDAR, SAT, Aerial images) tools, land use and land cover analysis, deforestation and forest degradation monitoring
- Design and analysis of terrestrial inventories in forests or agroforestry production systems in close cooperation with team members and our clients across the globe
- Work closely with the other technical divisions (climate, agriculture and rural development) on projects around the globe
- Develop innovative solutions in the area of forest and land use monitoring with our clients and the experts of our Monitoring Team