Überpüfung eines Restaurationsprojekt im Nil-Becken
The Ugandan Nile Basin Reforestation Projects are amongst the first Afforestation/Reforestation Clean Development Mechanism (A/R CDM) projects in Africa. Being the front-runner, these projects faced many challenges during project design, validation and implementation. Significant capacity building regarding A/R project verification was delivered to support the project developer, the National Forestry Authority (NFA). The World Bank’s Bio CarbonFund (BioCF) requested UNIQUE to assist the NFA in preparing for monitoring and verification of the A/R projects. UNIQUE also supported the conceptual and technical development of a sustainable biomass project, including support for the completion of the Project Design Documents (PDDs).
- Assessment of the project implementation status.
- Support of NFA in inventory design, development of monitoring plan and data management system.
- Assistance of the NFA in developing manuals and operation procedures.
- Capacity building and inventory implementation support.
- Training of field inventory teams and support sample plot establishment.