Evaluierung Green Gold and Animal Health Projekt
Livestock is the main livelihood for more than 70% of Mongolia’ s rural population. Since 1990, the number of animals has grown steadily, which has increased pressure on pasture lands and caused rapid degradation. Mongolia urgently needs to introduce measures to tackle the unsustainable use of rangeland. The exit-phase goal of the Green Gold Animal Health Project (GGAHP) is to consolidate and upscale good practice sustainable rangeland management, marketing of livestock products and improved animal health. The objective is to improve the livelihoods of herder households. After 15 years of implementation in four phases, SDC requested UNIQUE to conduct a final evaluation of the project. The evaluation was made applying the evaluation criteria from the Development Assistance Committee of the Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD/DAC).
- Evaluate the current consolidation phase while taking into consideration its previous phases
- Conduct a literature review and field visits
- Develop conclusions and recommendations regarding sustainability
- Capitalize selected results
- Validate preliminary results in a workshop