Environment and Social Management Framework and Gender Action Plan
Lao PDR is vulnerable to climate change, where a large share of rural population is dependent on the agricultural sector for their livelihoods. A major barrier for resilience building in the agricultural sector in Lao PDR is the lack of climate information and related decision-making tools. To overcome these barriers, FAO is developing a project for the Green Climate Fund (GCF) on climate-responsive planning and decision-making for resilient agriculture and livelihoods in Lao PDR. Unique was hired to support FAO with the elaboration of the environmental and social management framework, gender assessment and action plan. Given our track record with GCF project development, Unique was also requested to provide backstopping support for the project development team.
- Elaboration of environmental and social management framework (ESMF)
- Elaboration of the project’s gender assessment and gender action plan
- Provision of inputs to the stakeholder engagement plan
- Mainstreaming of safeguards and gender-related topics into the funding proposal
- Provision of backstopping support for the GCF project development team