Central Asian countries are facing increased pressure on their biodiversity and natural resources, including forests, pasture, soil and water. These ecosystems are increasingly overused and climate change is exacerbating the reduction of ecosystem services. The regional Program on Integrative and Climate-sensitive Land Use (ILUCA) aims to ensure that integrated land use management approaches are incorporated into development processes in the countries of the region. Unique was selected to provide long-term, coherent, flexible technical advice to the Regional Program and its national and regional partners. Unique has long term experience in the region and technical knowledge related to the program goals.
- Improvement of framework conditions for implementation of policies, strategies and laws
- Operationalization of the government-financed private afforestation program in Kazakhstan
- Support of the Implementation of Forestry Sector Development Program
- Implementation of joint measures of Integrative Land-use in Protected Areas and Watersheds
- Improvement of pistachio production
- Flexible support for implementation of additional topics related to ILUCA