UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH ("us", "we", or "our") operates the www.unique-landuse.de website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the www.unique-landuse.de website operated by UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Germany and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Germany and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Using the UNIQUE Apps
In addition to our online offering, we provide mobile apps that you can download to your mobile device. The purpose of the apps is to collect data and provide a platform for a organization/company/Individual. The apps support the users in these operations:
- Baseline and Endline Surveys
- Impact assesment
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Process Management
When downloading the apps, the necessary information is transferred to the Google Play Store. In particular, this information includes your user name, email address and customer number of your Google Account, time of download, unique mobile device number (IMEI), mobile phone number, MAC address for WLAN use and the unique network subscriber number. We have no influence on this data collection and are not responsible for it. We process the data provided to the extent necessary for downloading the app to your smartphone. They will not be stored beyond this.
When you use the app, we collect the following additional personal data to enable the functions of the app:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
At the beginning of the app use, the App requires the following access rights and exclusively for the following purpose:
- Location data (via GPS)
- Photo camera: for capturing photographic based attributes as part of the specific survey only
- Photos/Media/Files: To add previously taken photos from your smartphone to a project
- Device ID and call information: Used in Play store for statistics
If you refuse, we will not use this data. However, you will not be able to use the app, or only to a limited extent. You can revoke the permissions to the app at any time via the general android settings. If you allow access to this data, the app will only access this data and transfer it to our server to the extent necessary to provide the functionality. We will treat this data confidentially and delete it if you revoke the rights of use or if it is no longer necessary for the provision of the service and there is no legal obligation to retain it.
Who receives my data?
If we use a service provider for the purpose of contract data processing, we nevertheless remain responsible for the protection of your data. All contract processors are contractually obliged to treat your data confidentially and to process it only within the scope of the service provision. The processors commissioned by us will receive your data if they need the data to perform their respective services. These are e.g. IT service providers that we need for the operation and security of our IT system.
How long will my data be stored?
We process your data until the end of the business relationship or until the expiry of the applicable statutory retention periods (e.g. from the German Commercial Code, the German Fiscal Code); furthermore, until the end of any legal disputes in which the data is required as evidence.
Is personal data transferred to a third country?
We do not transfer any data to a third country.
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.