Supply Chain Management in Wood Value Chains
In view of difficulties experienced in recent years, the development of the logistics chain within the forestry and timber industry has taken on new significance. The fundamental problem of timber transportation in Germany is the highly fragmented and diversified structure of the logistics chain. Additionally, existing digital standards and processes are not adequate, or are not adequately applied. Given the current situation, the University of Applied Sciences South Westphalia (Fachhochschule Südwestfalen) is aiming to establish a training and a further education program with appropriate practical relevance. UNIQUE was commissioned with a market analysis in order to determine existing needs for this program and to identify suitable training formats for the industry.
- Identification of the target groups
- Determination of the need for a training and further education program
- Competition Analysis
- Identify and specify industry needs
- Conducting interviews and workshops
- Encourage companies to submit letters of intent