Schulwald und Ausbildungsmodule zu Waldbau
The Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC) supports the RNRA to develop the forest sector in Rwanda. In this context, the Rwandan Government identified the need to train forest-relevant stakeholders to improve their understanding and capacity to implement best forest management practices. Stakeholders include forest administration and technical staff supervising and executing operations in forests as well as training institutions in private, civil society and government organizations at all levels. The project seeks to increase the availability of trained professional foresters and build the overall capacity of government, Non-Governmental Organizations and the private sector. UNIQUE supports the development of training material and the establishment of research sites for agro-forestry and forestry.
- Development of a manual for plantation forestry in Rwanda.
- Development of training modules and materials for plantation silviculture, harvesting/felling.
- Training of trainers and supporting training of practitioners.
- Development of research plan, management and business plans for research forests.
- Supporting the establishment of a school forest: management, business and operational plans.
- Development of forest schools to accompany research sites.