Training Management System in Uttar Pradesh und Madhya Pradesh, Indien
In cooperation with the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change of India, the GIZ is implementing the project “Sustainable Management of Forest Ecosystem Services.” The focus is on the integration of Forest Ecosystem Services (FES) into forestry training curricula with an emphasis on agroforestry. Unique was selected to conduct a training needs assessment of government training institutes and recommend ways to improve knowledge on sustainable management of FES by mapping existing training systems, assessing training needs and identifying good practices in existing curricula.
- Mapping the existing forest training management system and analyzing relevant state/national curricula
- Proposing curricula that need to be revised or prepared
- Assessing training needs of master trainers with reference to sustainable FES
- Identifying good practices in existing training curricula
- Scoping and screening existing training monitoring and evaluation tools and proposing revisions
- In-depth interviews, questionnaires and workshops with stakeholders relevant to the forest sector