Eucalyptus Sawnwood Market Study
Our client, a US$ 100M forest investment fund, is involved in several forest projects, where the main genus is Eucalyptus with different species. The client´s main focus is on producing longer rotation quality timber products. Given that the use of Eucalyptus is diversifying into a large variety of end products, the fund contracted Unique to conduct a market study to better understand the dynamics of the Eucalyptus sawn timber (and other relevant engineered products) markets, along with its specific characteristics and trends. This study included a comprehensive market analysis of today’s Eucalyptus markets supply, demand and key characteristics of the products.
- Compiling data on global plantation area, productivity and production volumes
- Compiling Eucalyptus sawlog silvicultural practice and production costs in main producer regions
- Describing and quantifying uses of Eucalyptus sawlogs and related product prices
- Identifying competitive advantages of Eucalyptus species (wood properties, costs, processing, products)
- Elaborating best practice recommendations for marketing of Eucalyptus sawlogs