Marktstudie zur Ausweitung des Eco-Business Fonds
The Eco.business Fund (EBF) is a joint initiative by KfW, Finance In Motion, and Conservation International. The fund supports the promotion of business and consumption practices that contribute to biodiversity conservation, sustainable use of natural resources, climate change mitigation and adaptation. The EBF has an existing portfolio in Latin America and is looking to expand to Africa. UNIQUE was engaged in contributing to the pre-feasibility study by providing Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) expertise in the potential target countries (Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia), environmental risk analysis, agribusiness investment expertise, and financial expertise related to direct investments.
- Identify promising commodities and value chains for the Eco Business Fund in the target countries.
- Develop business cases and a Theory of Change for FLR investments.
- Present findings to the board of Finance In Motion for project approval.
- Seek relevant impact investments in Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Ethiopia.
- Provide financial/FLR expertise related to feasibility of direct investments.
- Final report on mission findings to determine feasibility of Eco Business Fund Africa.