Unterstützung der Global Research Alliance
With commitments to the Paris Agreement and the Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture decision in place, countries have to implement new strategies for adaptation and mitigation within the agricultural sector. For this, countries agreed to shift towards Tier 2 approaches for livestock emissions to support their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and the Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MRV) of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Context-specific plans and policies have to be developed to access climate finance. However, accounting of GHG emissions and removals by countries often remains challenging. UNIQUE was engaged to assist selected countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia to measure and monitor progress towards their NDCs, aiming to improve progress on the Paris Agreement goals and to help countries meet their obligations.
- Strengthen the capacity of relevant institutes to improve GHG inventories, NDCs and MRV processes
- Support countries’ capacity to identify concrete mitigation actions and policies
- Improve the dialogue and information sharing between practitioners, policymakers and researchers
- Enhance the quality, collation, and management of data for use in national and regional programs
- Improve communication between data providers and data users to enhance data collection and utilization