Unterstützung der Kongobeckenwaldpartnerschaft
In 2020 and 2021, the German government holds the presidency of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership (CBFP). The Partnership seeks to contribute effectively to the preservation and sustainable use of Central Africa´s large remaining intact forest landscapes. GIZ is supporting the German presidency through technical studies and the development of a joint declaration. UNIQUE was commissioned by GIZ to facilitate the process among the members of the CBFP to develop a declaration that is ambitious and can be endorsed by the partner countries. The declaration will be presented in the context of upcoming negotiations with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Identification of critical issues and elaborating draft texts for the negotiations
- Drafting policy documents and facilitating the process for finding a common position
- Facilitation of two international workshops
- Preparing briefings and background material for high-level meetings
- Contributing to the follow-up process of the implementation of the declaration