Rahmenvertrag nachhaltige Landnutzung Zentralasien
Central Asian countries experience increasing overexploitation of forest and pasture resources, consequently leading to soil degradation and a decrease in biodiversity. These problems are accelerated by climate change. In order to move towards more integrative land use, GIZ contracted UNIQUE to provide long-term coherent, and flexible technical advisory services to the Regional Programme for Sustainable and Climate Sensitive Land Use for Economic Development in Central Asia (SUSTAIN-CA). The specific advice provided by UNIQUE for this project involved financial instruments, national sector reforms, economic valuation, forest landscape restoration and proposal development at national and regional levels.
- Developing guidelines for the Savings Book Approach.
- Supporting the development of private afforestation strategies.
- Conducting restoration Opportunities Assessments (ROAM).
- Supporting the development of the forest landscape restoration initiatives.
- Reviewing analysis and policy brief on economic valuation of land resources and ecosystem services.
- Developing Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) proposals.