Machbarkeitsstudie für den Forstsektor
Georgia´s forests play a critical role for mitigating its national greenhouse gas emissions, which have been on the rise since 1995. Trends of increasing forest degradation have resulted in a decreased absorption potential of the forestry sector, and increased vulnerability to climate change. GIZ is supporting the Government of Georgia to develop a proposal for the Green Climate Fund to enable the implementation of forest sector reform to reduce emissions from forest degradation and build ecosystem resilience to climate change. UNIQUE conducted the feasibility study for the project, and provided targeted inputs for the elaboration of the funding proposal.
- Elaboration of project context and baseline.
- Climate change vulnerability assessment and elaboration of adaptation rationale.
- Capacity needs assessment and capacity building strategy.
- Project design (description of outputs and activities, institutional arrangements, fund flows).
- Creation of a strategy for private sector engagement and leverage.
- Elaboration of exit strategy and description of project sustainability.