Evaluierung Programm Initiative für nachhaltige Landschaften
IDH has broadened the scope of its public-private partnership work on sustainable supply chains, by applying a landscape approach to the areas where agricultural commodities are produced. Through the Initiative for Sustainable Landscapes (ISLA) program IDH helps to facilitate and convene stakeholders and encourage multi-stakeholder landscape approaches towards sustainable agricultural production.
UNIQUE was selected to evaluate the outcome level achievements of the ISLA program and draw some early findings about the intended (and un-intended) impacts of the program. UNIQUE paid particular attention to the environmental, social and economic impacts, i.e., reduced deforestation, improved water management, and improved households’ income and resilience and overall food security.
- Desk review and online surveys
- Case studies (Ivory Coast, Vietnam, Kenya, Indonesia, Brazil, Ethiopia)
- Visiting project countries to establish stakeholder perceptions
- Analyzing findings and lessons learnt
- Summarizing evaluations against the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) criteria