Gender Aktionsplan für den Forstbetrieb San Pedro
In 2020 an international private forest fund established the investee company Forestal San Pedro S.A. for the management of forest plantations in Paraguay with the goal of producing timber and generating carbon credits. The company aims to have a positive social impact in the surrounding area. In order to contribute to equality between women and men, Unique was commissioned to develop a gender action plan (GAP) for the company. Currently only a small portion (around 8 %) of the company’s employees are women, mostly in administrative and management positions or working as cooks in the field. The GAP aims to increase the representation of women in the forestry sector and in management positions within the company.
- Gender analysis at the national, regional, and local levels
- Interviews with different focus groups
- Identification of best practices to achieve gender equality in the forestry sector
- Definition of indicators within the framework of the GAP
- Recommendations for achievement of objectives