Portfolionalyse eines Forstfonds
A Development Finance Institution is expanding its portfolio in part by increasing its exposure to timberland in Sub-Saharan Africa. The institution has contracted UNIQUE to assess the current project portfolio and to support the re-definition of the future forest investment strategy. The study comprises a macro-level overview of African plantation forestry and timber markets and detailed assessments of existing timberland assets. The objective is to define concrete areas for investment portfolio expansion, including exit strategies. UNIQUE was awarded the assignment due to its positive and long-term forest investment track record and in-depth experience in the client’s focal region for the assignment.
- Review forestry plantation areas in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Review timber markets in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Assessment of requirements of a marketable portfolio of African forestry assets.
- Assessment of assets and investment opportunities.
- Validation of potential liquidation / exit options.