Degradationsanalyse von Landschafts- und Bodenressourcen
Land and forest degradation threatens to significantly undermine future productivity growth in the agriculture, forestry and related sectors in vulnerable landscapes in Kenya, Malawi and Uganda. The World Bank supports these governments to design and implement interventions that address land degradation and loss of natural forests. UNIQUE was contracted to lead a team of interdisciplinary experts to analyze land degradation issues with the aim to inform the design of practical strategies at sub-national level. This assignment included economic and spatial analysis to understand the dimension and scale of land degradation in targeted landscapes, which laid the basis for developing future World Bank operations.
- Spatial analysis of land degradation to develop user-friendly mapping platforms.
- Participatory identification of sub-catchments with highest restoration potential.
- Identification of cost-effective and timely restoration interventions, including estimated budgets.
- Quantification of likely economic and other benefits of restoration interventions.
- Integration of proposed interventions to fit with World Bank and other donor portfolios.