Monitoring, Berichterstattung und Prüfung
The largest share of Burkina Faso’s national greenhouse gas emissions occur in the agriculture, forestry and other land use sector. The national REDD+ program provides adequate monitoring and reporting on emissions from the forestry sector. However, the monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) for agriculture and livestock is not yet at a level required by the 2006 guidelines of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The Nationally Determined Contributions Support Facility (NDC-SF) is supporting the country to meet its NDC targets and requires robust and cost-efficient monitoring of emissions from agricultural soils and livestock. Due to UNIQUE’s extensive experience in the Burkina Faso Agricultural Carbon Project, NDC-SF commissioned UNIQUE to provide technical assistance for designing and implementing such an MRV system.
- Review of data requirements for Tier 2 accounting and identify data gaps
- Provide recommendations for data collection and propose and institutional arrangements
- Formulate recommendations for procedures for data collection and processing
- Train stakeholders in data collection and the use of templates and protocols
- Review data quality and improve protocols and templates