Grüner Klimafond Phase II Machbarkeitsstudie
Lao PDR is amongst the most vulnerable countries to projected climate change trends. In the North of the country deforestation exacerbates the impacts of climate change on ecosystems and the local communities who depend on them for their livelihood. Lao PDR has embraced REDD+ to address its main source of greenhouse gas emissions, and looks to strengthen linkages between REDD+ and resilience building to achieve its development goals. To support climate action in Lao PDR, GIZ is developing a follow-up cross-cutting project, building on the approved GCF Funding Proposal 117, to be submitted to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) that promotes the sustainable management of forests, landscapes and agricultural resources at scale in six provinces. Unique was hired to support GIZ in developing and securing the approval of the GCF funding proposal package.
- Development of the project’s funding proposal
- Revision of the feasibility study, financial and economic assessment and operation manual
- Revision of the environmental and social impact assessment and gender assessment
- Updating of the stakeholder engagement plan and knowledge management plan
- Backstopping of market analysis, gender action plan and the environmental and social management plan
- Provision of support through the GCF review process