Beratung bei der Umsetzung des REM-Programms
The national program Visión Amazonía aims to reduce deforestation in the Colombian Amazon region and to promote the quality of life of local communities. In this context, Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom, coordinated by the KfW, have contributed to the Payment for Result program REDD Early Movers (REM) for the reduction of emissions from deforestation in the region. Since 2022, a second phase has aimed to strengthen the conditions for reducing deforestation by promoting sustainable forestry. Following the successful advice during the first phase of the program, Fondo Patrimonio Natural commissioned Unique in consortium with GOPA to also provide advice for the implementation of the second phase.
- Advice for the implementation of the REM program aligned with its overall goals
- Support for the implementation of a results-based payment mechanism for REDD+
- Support in the implementation of the program’s benefit sharing strategy
- Professional advice on compliance with environmental and social standards
- Advising the project coordinator on compliance with KfW’s administrative procedures