Wettbewerbsfähigkeit vietnamesischer Forstunternehmen
In Viet Nam, the success of small and medium enterprises in the forest sector (SMFEs) has been mixed despite widespread support. SMFEs have difficulties in competing with larger enterprises or suffer from limited access to business and financial services. This project is a Programmatic Advisory Services and Analytics activity being undertaken by Environment and Natural Resources Global Practice at the World Bank.
The overarching objective is to identify multi-sector solutions that support sustainable growth of SMFEs and improve knowledge of these solutions among key stakeholders. UNIQUE together with Enclude were contracted to conduct a country diagnostic study as to assess the opportunities and constraints for SMFEs in the forest sector to generate growth and employment, recommend policies and investments, and provide inputs for an action plan.
- Elaborate a diagnostic framework for implementing SMFE diagnostic studies.
- Defining key performance indicators for SMFEs and their enabling environment.
- Assess and analyze characteristics of forest sector and SMFEs.
- Assess and analyze the enabling environment for forest value chains and SMFEs.
- Assess and analyze opportunities and challenges related to enhancing SMFE competitiveness.
- Assess and analyze finance sector services, opportunities and challenges for SMFEs.
- Elaborate recommendations for World Bank on SMFE support and business development services.