Jungpflanzenversorgung für Küstenwälder
Vietnam is highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change, in particular in its coastal areas where tropical storms cause landfall. Therefore, the Government of Vietnam borrowed USD 150 million from the International Development Association of the World Bank to improve coastal forest management in eight provinces of Vietnam’s North Central Coast. The project’s objective was to build “how to” knowledge for effectively augmenting seedling supply of key species for restoring coastal forest areas. This included identifying capacity gaps and addressing them through trainings for nursery owners and provincial authorities. UNIQUE was selected due to its successful implementation of nurseries and coastal reforestation in the same region and its extensive knowledge of stakeholders, legislation, species, and site conditions.
- Analyze capacities and gaps for coastal seedling supply (native and introduced species).
- Organization and facilitation of three targeted trainings for nursery owners and provincial authorities.
- Provide recommendations on how to address identified gaps and on technical partnerships.
- Provide guidance on key legal requirements for seedling production.
- Support the elaboration of sustainable forest management plans.