Unterstützung des GIZ Mekong Delta Projekts
The Mekong Delta is home to 20 million people and is Vietnam’s most important agricultural region. Yet, the future of the region is threatened by climate change and ecological imbalances. The country’s institutions do not yet have sufficient capacity to halt these trends. In this light, GIZ supports the national and provincial governments in their planning, technical and financial capacity to enable the Mekong Delta to be developed in a manner that is resilient to climate change. UNIQUE was contracted to update and finalize a concept note to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) in order to acquire funding to support the shift to climate-resilient development pathways in the Mekong Delta. UNIQUE substantiated the climate impact potential of GIZ’s support, described the financial mechanisms for reaching scale and provided a compelling theory of change.
- Climate risk vulnerability assessment of the Mekong Delta.
- Estimation of sea level rise and other climate risk projections.
- Estimation of the climate impact potential of the proposed program.
- Differentiation of program design by beneficiary groups.
- Update of the concept note to heightened GCF scrutiny levels.