Unterstützung eines regionalen Green-Climate Fund Antrags
Climate change poses a risk to investments in agriculture and forestry sector. At the same time, adapting to adverse effects of climate change as well as implementing projects to mitigate greenhouse gases can be a business opportunity as it creates needs for new investments. Local banks in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) are starting to realize this potential and are increasinly interested in developing green credit lines to cater to this demand. CAF wants to help financial intermediaries to overcome barriers in implementing green financial products in clean energy and land use. UNIQUE was contracted together with BASE Energy to develop a full funding proposal package for the Green Climate Fund (GCF), including environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria requirements and support CAF throughout the application process.
- In-depth feasibility study on green lending potential in the agriculture and forestry sectors.
- Strategic advisory to develop large-scale green finance support throughout the LAC Region.
- Preparation of full proposal to the Green Climate Fund’s Private Sector Facility.
- Elaboration of gender assessment and gender action plan.
- Continuous support for CAF to meet GCF eligibility criteria and (ESG) criteria requirements.