Fachkräfte Pool für ländliche Entwicklung
Uganda’s agricultural sector is particularly exposed to the effects of climate change: It is characterized by low efficiency, low yields, high post-harvest losses, low qualities of agricultural products and insufficient knowledge in climate adapted techniques and value chains. GIZ focusses on strengthening rural development in northern Uganda. More precisely, it seeks to improve the agrarian development of the rural economy in selected regions. The objective of this assignment was to provide GIZ with tailored short-term national and international expertise in the field of climate smart agriculture (CSA). UNIQUE was selected due to its regional experience in Uganda and Eastern Africa and its expertise in CSA, Measurement, Reporting and Verification, value chains and capacity building for target groups.
- Provide expertise on CSA practices, such as agroforestry, intercropping, soil and water protection
- Measurement, reporting and verification of greenhouse gas emissions in the agricultural sector
- Carry out training for different target groups
- Support climate related capacity building for local planning and budgeting
- Support gender equity and mainstreaming