Training in Messung, Berichterstattung und Verifizierung
The agricultural sector In Uganda is particularly exposed to the effects of climate change. It is characterized by low efficiency, low yields, high post-harvest losses, low qualities of agricultural products and insufficient knowledge in climate-adapted techniques and value chains.
The GIZ is strengthening rural development in northern Uganda to improve agrarian development of the rural economy in selected regions of Northern Uganda. The objective of this assignment was to provide GIZ with short-term national and international expertise in the field of Monitoring Reporting and Verification (MRV) to measure climate mitigation impacts of climate-smart agriculture. Unique has been selected due to the regional experience in Uganda and Eastern Africa and due to vast experiences in climate-intelligent agriculture and MRV.
- Support in establishing a MRV system to measure greenhouse gas emissions in the agricultural sector
- Support the development of MRV paper-based data collection templates and analysis tool
- Carry out training on MRV data collection and tools for Community-Based Trainers
- Compilation of lessons learnt from the MRV action area
- Support experience sharing and lessons learnt dialogue at national level